Static analysis tools have well-documented usability issues. In this project, we explore how to build analysis tools that help code developers understand and fix complex bugs, and how to engage them with a comprehensive, user-friendly GUI.
We achieve this by applying gaming aspects to analysis tools. More than providing a pretty user interface, we aim at improving the analysis tooling system as a whole, providing immediate and clear feedback, and focusing on fixing bugs rather than listing them.
More information at: https://gapran.github.io/
- Cognitive walkthrough questions
- Cognitive walkthrough results:
- The first sheet contains the evaluation of the cognitive walkthrough.
- The second sheet contains the answers to the post-cognitive walkthrough questionnaire.
- The third sheet contains the answers to the open-text questions of the post-cognitive walkthrough questionnaire.
- In all sheets, comments quote the participants and clarify the answers.
- ESEC/FSE 2018 New ideas: Gamifying Static Analysis (Lisa Nguyen Quang Do, Eric Bodden).